Tuesday, July 14, 2026

Dark Fairytale

 Scarred by Emily McIntire 

I was disappointed in this book. I wanted to like it but I never connected with any of the characters. I liked book 1 and was looking forward to this, but it fell flat. Sara is sent to marry King Michael and then kill him because he killed her father. Michael is horrible, but she plays the game. Prince Tristan is the younger brother and he also wants his brother dead, because he killed their father, and because he thinks he would be a better king. Tristan is the leader of the rebels and they are working on taking over the kingdom. Tristan and Sara has similar goals, but they don't know that about each other until Sara discovers Tristan with the rebels. Then, her uncle tells her that it was the rebels that really killed her father so now, she's fully in love with Tristan but feels betrayed. But, she won't stop sleeping with him. Then, she finds out that this was all really orchestrated by her uncle so he could be in charge and that he killed her father. Tristan gets captured, but Sara breaks him out. They get married and rule until Simon, Michaels bastard, is old enough and they crown him king. It should be been good; I love political intrigue, but it just wasn't.  

No comments:

Post a Comment