Saturday, June 20, 2026

YA Sci-Fi

 Visitors by Orson Scott Card

This series solidifies why I don't like sci-fi. There were times I found myself re-reading passages, not because I wasn't paying attention but because the science behind time travel was confusing me. Rigg, Umbo, Param, Ovelinko, Loaf, and Leaky all survive. Rigg made a copy of himself and Noxon survives (sort of). Umbo managed to reunite Loaf and Leaky, but she can't handle a facemask so he stops her from getting it. He also saves her second child, Square, but he saves him before she has him so she doesn't want anything to do with him. Loaf, on the other hand, is an active father, or as active as he can be. Square takes a facemask and they learn that getting a mask as a child is better and has no consequences unlike getting one as an adult. Param and Umbo get married. Noxon and Ram Odin take some of the mice and manage to get back to Earth where they meet Dr. Wheaton and Deborah. She is blind and he has been raising her since her parents died in a car crash. Noxon falls in love with her. They go back and save her family then Deborah goes back to Garden because she wants eyes and she wants to get a facemask. Meanwhile, Noxon, Ram Odin, and Wheaton go to the other planet when they discover that it's not Earth that does the destroying. They find two planets, make a jump, and end up with 20 ships. They divide the ships up and come up with a plan to build wallfolds on both planets. They are able to stop the planets from discovering the technology necessary to attack Garden, thus saving the planet. Noxon returns to Garden with Deborah. Rigg decides he is going to travel though the different walls and times and he will eventually settle down. Param and Umbo decide to kidnap her mom and exile her so she doesn't kill them and they become Queen and King in the Tent. I'm glad I finished this book, but I'm also glad I'm done with this series.  

No comments:

Post a Comment